All articles, submitted or solicited, will be subjected to an open review process consisting of:
- A preliminary scrutiny by the editors of the volume;
- A thorough examination and written report by one non-anonymous referee chosen by the editors and the journal’s editorial board on the basis of their competence; and
- An internal discussion among the current members of the journal’s Editorial Board.
When determining what we will and will not published, we take the following criteria into consideration: *
- Relevance to the global history of social conflicts.
- Significance to the advancement of original theory and/or research.
- A firm grounding in the relevant theoretical/conceptual discourses and methodological literatures.
- An appropriate application of professional procedures and standards with regard to any sources of data or source materials.
- Clarity of expression and accessibility to non-academic readers.
* Given the hybrid nature of our journal between Academia and street-level social and political activism, some articles may be selected for publication in view of their contribution to the advancement of policies or practices related to current or ongoing social conflicts, even if they do not meet all of the above listed criteria.