Zapruder World welcomes ZapLab article proposals and submissions from academics, independent scholars, and militant activists on topics pertaining to contemporary socio-political movements and/or conflicts. For additional information and instructions, please see the “General Guidelines and Requirements” section below.
General Guidelines and Requirements
- When submitting your ZapLab article, please attach a non-password-protected Word or OpenOffice document, include “ZapLab Submission” in the subject line, and use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles do not have to be historical or “scholarly” analyses. However, they do need to address and/or critique a contemporary socio-political movement and/or conflict in some insightful and meaningful way.
- Articles should have a length of no more than 2,000 words.
- Footnotes are encouraged, but parenthetical citations, if required, are allowed.
- Any links to websites or online resources should be indicated by highlighting the text to be linked, inserting a comment using Word’s or OpenOffice’s commenting system, and pasting the link in question into the comment box.
- Authors are encouraged to incorporate digital media—such as images, videos, and interactive charts, graphs, or other digital tools—into their articles.